Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow.com no longer provides browser support for IE 11. If you choose to use IE 11 we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
Important Game Icons
The icons used by Road Trip are as follows: Wild, Scatter, Feature and Progressive represent "special" conditions that invariably mean higher payouts, free plays, or extra game features.
A 'Wild' is a icon that can be substituted for any other icon (except a Scatter, or Progressive) to make the best win possible. Road Trip will do this automatically for you. Additionally, the Wild icon has a random multiplier value attached (X2, X5, or X10), which is revealed to you as the game progresses.
A 'Scatter' gives you multiple free spins (variable in number) of the reels if 3, or more, Scatter icons appear anywhere when the reels have stopped.
This will trigger the Free Play feature. When this happens you are awarded a multiple of your current bet, no matter what happens during the forthcoming free play period.
When free play is activated you will be shown the 15 Road Trip reel position boxes with question marks inside each of them. Behind each question mark is either a message saying "one spin", "five spins", "two spins", etc, or the instruction "Start Free Spins".
As you click on each box in turn the numbers that appear are added together to give the total number of free spins you will eventually have. When the instruction "Start Free Spins" is revealed this process ends and the free spins begin automatically.
Free Spin Amounts Achievable (does not include any further re-spin amounts):
- 3 Scatters = Max 27 Free Spins (further re-spins may be won)
- 4 Scatters = Max 40 Free Spins (further re-spins may be won)
- 5 Scatters = Max 65 Free Spins (further re-spins may be won)
- Free spins continue playing automatically until they are exhausted.
- The bet and number of lines selected in the game that triggered the free plays will be used for the duration of the free spin period.
- If you get three or more Scatter icons in a single spin during the free spin period, a number of extra free spins will be awarded to the total free spins remaining.
- Total free spins available to the player cannot exceed 997 at any given time. If a player wins free spins that would exceed this amount, they will receive enough spins to reach 997 and any excess free spins are forfeited.
- There is no maximum on cumulative amount of free spins that can be won per feature.
- Free spin reels are different to the reels normally used by Road Trip.
- Progressive Jackpots cannot be won during Free Spins.
- Feature Games cannot be triggered during Free Spins.
- There are no regular Wild icons during Free Spins; instead there are Super Wild icons (details below).
- Super Wild icons are available only on Reels 2, 3, 4, 5 during Free Spins.
- Scatter icons are available only on Reels 1, 2, 3, 5 during Free Spins.
- Auto spins are cancelled while free spins are in progress.
- At the end of the free spins period a "congratulations screen" appears, displaying the amount you have won.
- Scatter and Free Spin wins are added to any other win line payouts received.
Note also that Scatters are associated with 'Super Wilds'. A Super Wild is a Wild that displays a number. The Wild remains in play for that number of further spins. Note that Super Wilds only appear when the free spin feature is being played and will disappear after the last 'sticky' spin or the last 'free' spin (whichever occurs first).
A 'Feature' is a mini-game available within Road Trip. It is activated when 3 feature icons appear on a win line. The mini games are "Road Trip" and "Abduction".
The progressive jackpot consists of a fixed minimum amount which gradually increases by a percentage of funds inputted into the game until it is won. When the jackpot is won, it is reset to the seed amount and begins to rise again. The progressive Jackpot icon is connected to three progressive jackpots. Which progressive jackpot is won depends upon the number of consecutive icons (paying left to right on any ACTIVE win line only – no wild card substitution). Progressive jackpots are available in real play only; each individual current jackpot total is displayed above the talk-back panel.
- Mini=3 consecutive Jackpot icons (paying left to right only)
- Midi=4 consecutive Jackpot icons (paying left to right only)
- Maxi=5 consecutive Jackpot icons (paying left to right only)
- The jackpot can only be won when the jackpot icons line up consecutively from left to right on an ACTIVE win line.
Important points to note about Jackpots:
- Jackpots are available for the 'real play' version of Road Trip only.
- A minimum bet amount of $0.25 per line is required to qualify for inclusion in a Jackpot game.
- The seeds (or starting values for the respective Jackpots) are: Mini=$100, Midi=$1000, Maxi=$5000.
- Contributions to the jackpot come solely from BCLC. BCLC calculates the contribution based on a players bet being greater or equal to the minimum qualifying bet. The following contributions will be based on the bet/line and added to the jackpot:
Mini=2.0%, Midi=1.5%, Maxi=1.0%
- Winning a Progressive Jackpot neither contributes to, nor is affected by the daily cumulative winnings limit.
- It is not possible for two players to simultaneously win the Jackpot. The Jackpot is locked when it is being won. This means that no other bets will be accepted for it and only one player at a time is able to win it.
- The Wild card Icon will not substitute for a Progressive icon.
Players may win multiple different Progressive Jackpots (of Mini, Midi, and Maxi) on different win lines in one spin. However, regardless of on how many winning lines the Jackpot icons may appear, only one of each type of Progressive Jackpot wins can be paid.
For example if a player receives 5 Jackpot icons on one paid win line and 5 jackpot icons on any other paid win line, only one Jackpot prize (the Maxi Jackpot) will be paid by BCLC.
Multiple DIFFERENT Progressive Jackpots can be won on one spin however, provided that the wins occur on separate win lines.
For example a player may win with 5 Jackpot icons (Maxi jackpot) on Line 1, and the player could also win for 3 Jackpot icons (Mini Jackpot) on line 3, provided the player had activated both win lines. To be clear, the player would ONLY be paid the Maxi Jackpot (highest pay) for the line 1 win, and not any other win (Mini or Midi) on line 1.
What are Winning Lines?
Road Trip is a 20-line slot game that may present 20 winning combinations of five icons across its five reels. A 'win line' is a line of icons that MAY contain a winning combination when the reels stop. A win line must contain a minimum of three consecutive icons (appearing from left to right) for any payout to be made. However, this does not apply to Scatters.
For Road Trip's 20 lines, winning combinations are as follows:
Selecting Lines For Play
Road Trip will always play a 20-line game unless you intervene. That is, it will always proceed on the basis that 20 win lines are possible. Note that when you place a bet on Road Trip your bet amount is accepted on a PER LINE basis. The more lines you have selected the greater the amount you need to bet. For example, if you have 10 lines selected and you bet $1, the overall bet amount will be $10.
If you do not want to play a 20-line game then use the Lines Button (+/-) to reduce/increase the number of possible win lines. For example (and with reference to the win-line table above): If you reduce the number of lines to 19, any possible payout from line 20 becomes unavailable. If you then reduce the number of lines to 18, any possible payout from lines 19 and 20 become unavailable, and so on.
Setting your Bet Amount
Once the number of lines you want to play have been selected it is time to decide how much money to bet on each of them. Remember that bets are accepted on a per line basis. To increase, or decrease, the amount you are going to bet on each line, click the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons in the Bet/Line box.
The total bet amount for your forthcoming Road Trip game will be Bet/Line multiplied by the number of lines you have chosen to play. For example, if you select $2 in the Bet/Line box and you decide to play 20 lines then the total amount that will be bet on the next game will be $40. This is shown in the Total Bet area.
What You Can Win
Road Trip displays its win values (or payouts) in its own Paytable. They can be viewed by clicking the Paytable Button. Payouts are based on specific icon combinations appearing on win lines and are shown in multiples of the winning line bet amount. For example, 5 - 750 means that if five instances of a particular icon appear on the win line the payout will be 750 multiplied by amount bet, per line.
Spinning the Reels
When you have selected your lines and selected a bet it's time to play. To activate Road Trip click the Spin Button. When the reels stop (and after any free spins, or features, have been played out), any wins will be highlighted and any winnings will be added automatically to your balance.
The highest single payment only is made per winning line. For example, five matching icons pays out the value for five icons and does not pay for four icons or three icons.
An icon can contribute to one or more win lines. The win line payouts are accumulated.
If you want to play a number of games in succession you may want to use the Auto Spin Button. To increase or decrease the number of auto spins you want click the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons in the Auto Spin box. To then activate Road Trip under the control of the auto spin function click the Auto Spin Button and the game will play automatically as many times as you specify (assuming you have sufficient funds). Auto spinning can be cancelled at any time by clicking the Stop Button.
If there is a win during auto play the Gamble Button, Auto Spin Button and Stop Button will flash alternately for a short while; if you don't press anything then the auto spin will continue. If you choose to gamble then autospin will continue when you exit the gamble game.
Note: Any interaction by you during auto play (except that described above) will stop it immediately.
The Gamble Feature
Whenever you win, you will be offered the opportunity to gamble your winnings. The Gamble Button will blink and if you want to gamble your winnings (before the next spin) you must click it. The amount gambled will be your total win amount for the current play (or spin).
Note, however, that if you get a line win, free-spins and play a special feature game in a single spin; each will be played out in turn, with the Gamble option being offered on the total overall amount won for that spin.
With the Gamble Feature you can either double, or quadruple, your winnings, as follows:
The Gamble Feature displays a card that is face down and you have to guess what the card is.
To double your winnings (X2) you must decide whether the card is red, or black. To do this click either "Red", or "Black", as a correct colour.
To quadruple your winnings (X4) you must decide whether the card is a Heart, a Club, a Diamond, or a Spade. To do this click either "Heart", "Club", "Diamond", or "Spade", as a correct suit.
The face-down card then turns over. If you have guessed a colour/suit correctly your winnings are multiplied by two, or four. If you have guessed incorrectly your winnings are lost for the current spin.
Click "Collect" to receive your winnings at any time.
Note: You may continue using the Gamble Feature until you either lose, or reach the maximum win limit. You are not permitted to gamble a win if the successful result would exceed the stated maximum win.
Feature Bonus Games
When three or more feature icons occur on a win line then a Feature Bonus game is triggered. Road Trip includes two 'no lose' feature bonus games with guaranteed payouts of between 25 and 10,000 times your bet amount, per line. When a Feature Bonus game is triggered you must choose either, 'Road Trip' or 'Abduction!'
How to Play Road Trip
In this feature you are driving a van. As you continue your journey you will be presented with arrows indicating a side of the road to drive on. Make your choice by clicking on an arrow (you must do this before anything else happens). Eventually you get to a fork in the road, at which point another pair of arrows invite you to choose which direction to take.
Feature wins are added to any other win line payouts received.
- If you choose the 'correct' side of the road to drive on you will collect a coin with a multiplier value attached to it. This will be added to your multiplier bonus for the game.
- If you choose the correct fork in the road you will receive a multiplier value to add to your multiplier bonus for the game. The Feature Bonus game will then play again.
- If you choose the incorrect fork in the road the Feature Bonus game will end.
Your final multiplier total will be multiplied by the line bet that triggered the feature, giving the total win for the Feature Bonus game.
How to Play Abduction!
In this feature, you will see a field containing three cows. A UFO approaches with the intention of abducting one of the cows. You must decide which of the three cows will be abducted, by clicking on it.
- If the cow that you selected is abducted, you will receive a multiplier value for the correct choice to add to your multiplier bonus for the game. You will then be presented with three more cows for another turn, and so on.
- Keep choosing a cow until you make an incorrect choice, at which point the Feature Bonus game ends.
Your final multiplier total will be multiplied by the line bet that triggered the feature, giving the total win for the feature game.
Note that both games pay out in the same way.
Return to Player
The game has a return to player of 95.54%. If you are betting less than the minimum qualifying bet of $0.25 per line, the game has a return to player of 90.66%.
System malfunction voids all pays.