Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow will no longer provide browser support for IE 11. After which we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
Information and Game Rules
Try to beat the dealer with a hand that has the value of 7 or as close to 7 as possible. You are allowed a single discard on each hand and Jacks, Queens, Kings and Aces all have a value of 1. A Quick Seven (a single 7 card) ranks higher than a hand totalling 7.
- If you win, your winnings will be credited to your account immediately.
- You will lose your stake amount if you lose the game.
How to Play
- Select your stake by clicking on a chip with a suitable value upon it. Click on the table betting areas (highlighted Place Bet Here) to place a bet at the value of the chip selected. If desired, each additional click will add one unit of the chip value selected to the bet.
Click on a different chip to change the chip value. It is possible to mix chip values on the same bet. The total stake is displayed clearly for each hand you are betting on.
The following buttons are now available:
- Click the CLEAR button to remove all chips from the table. You can change your stake at this stage and select new chip values.
- Click the DEAL button to start the game.
- A card is dealt (face up) to each hand you are playing and one card (face down) to the dealer. Each of your hands is played one at time from the right. A hand indicator shows which hand is being played.
- A second card is dealt and the following rules now apply:
- If the player receives an 8, 9, or 10, that card is automatically discarded (placed in the discard box) and a second card is dealt to the player.
- If the player receives a 7 as his first card, his hand is completed (unless he chooses to challenge the dealer's hand, as described below). This is known as a Quick Seven.
- If the player receives a card with a value of six or less as his first card, additional cards are dealt until the player's hand totals 7 or higher.
- If the player's second card is a 7, then the first card is automatically discarded. This is called a natural 7 for the player. The hand is complete with a total of 7.
- If the player's hand is higher than 7, the player then discards one of the player's cards to reduce his total to 7 or below.
- The player may take additional cards after a discard by clicking the HIT button.
- If the player subsequently exceeds a total of 7 (after a discard) then the player has lost the hand and forfeits his wager. This is a player bust.
- If the player's total is 7 after these hits and discard (if any), then the player has a soft 7.
- A hand that consists of two 8, 9, 10's in any combination as the first two cards dealt to the player is called a dealt bust. This hand is a bust, but also allows the player the option of making a Hazard bet (see below).
- After the player's actions are complete, the dealer then flips over their first card
- If the dealer's first card is an 8, 9, or 10, that card is automatically discarded and a second card is dealt to the dealer.
- If the dealer's first card is a 7, the dealer stands with a total of 7 (this is a Quick Seven for the dealer).
- If the dealer's first card is 6 or less, then additional cards are dealt until the dealer's hand totals 7 or higher.
- If the dealer's second card is a 7, then the first card is automatically discarded. This is called a natural 7 for the dealer. The hand is complete with a total of 7.
- If the dealer's total is higher than 7, the dealer will discard that card that leaves the dealer with the highest possible total less than or equal to 7.
- After the discard, the dealer must continue to hit until he has a total of five or greater.
- If the dealer's total is 7 after these hits and discard (if any), then the dealer has a soft 7.
- If the dealer goes over 7 again, the dealer busts.
- A hand that consists of two 8, 9, 10's in any combination as the first two cards dealt to the dealer is called a dealt bust. This hand is a bust.
Winning or losing the game
Player win / Dealer lose
- Player is dealt a Quick Seven.
- Player's total is greater than dealer's total, without exceeding 7.
- Player busts.
Dealer win / Player lose
- Dealer is dealt a Quick Seven and player is not dealt a Quick Seven.
- Dealer's total is greater than player's total, without exceeding 7.
- Player busts.
Push Player / Dealer
If neither the player nor the dealer is dealt a Quick Seven, then a push occurs whenever the player's total and dealer's total are equal, without exceeding 7.
Optimal player strategy of Quick Seven is to play as follows:
- Choose the high card or high total of a hand.
- Never hit after a discard.
- Never Challenge on a Quick Seven.
- Never place a Hazard bet on a dealt bust.
Hitting after a discard in Quick Seven (compared to hitting in the game of Blackjack*):
- Hitting on a 1 is similar to hitting on a 12.
- Hitting on a 2 is similar to hitting on a 13.
- Hitting on a 3 is similar to hitting on a 14.
- Hitting on a 4 is similar to hitting on a 15.
- Hitting on a 5 is similar to hitting on a 16.
- Hitting on a 6 is similar to hitting on a 17.
*If comparing the total number of individual cards that it would take to bust a hand.
Click the REBET button to repeat the last bet with the same number of hands and the same stakes WITHOUT dealing the cards. You may want to alter the stakes at this stage. Note: This action cannot be undone when selected.
Click the NEW GAME button to clear all bets and start a new game.
After a player is dealt a Quick Seven, the player can leave his original wager on the table and decline the 1-1 payoff and await the completion of the dealer's hand. If the dealer completes his hand with a total of any value other than 7 (the dealer does not have a Quick Seven or 7), then the player wins 2-1 on his original wager (instead of 1-1). If the dealer completes his hand with a Quick Seven or 7, then the player loses his original wager.
After a player is dealt bust (his first two cards are 8, 9 or 10), the player can place an additional wager equal to his original wager. If the dealer subsequently busts, the player is paid 1-1 on the total combined bet. If the dealer does not bust, the player loses the total combined bet.
Beat the dealer is 1:1 initial stake.
Challenge dealer is 2:1 initial stake.
Hazard bet is 1:1 total hand stake.
Return to Player
This game has a Return to Player of 97.37%. System malfunction voids all pays and plays. All currencies in the above are expressed in GBP. Please note that the amounts stated will apply in the user's own currency.
This game uses eight full card decks, which are reshuffled after every hand.