Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow will no longer provide browser support for IE 11. After which we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
|3 Icons||4 Icons||5 Icons|
|Charlie - FEATURE ICON (see: Special feature section) win cash by playing a mini game||10||1X Line Bet + Play Feature Game|
Charlie - FEATURE ICON with WILD ICON
Wild Icon substitutes for Feature Icon and triggers mini game.
0.5x Line Bet and "Wild X2" Doubles Line Bet win
For example: 0.5x2 = 1x Line Bet
+ Play Feature Game
|Sleepy Horse - SCATTER ICON (see: scatters to free play section) win free spins, plus the initial payout listed||11||X2+15
|Horseshoe - WILD ICON Substitutes for any Icon (except scatter). Pays X2*||12||*Doubles (X2) the value of Any Win it is a part of (excluding feature)|
Return to Player
This game has a Return to Player of 93.26%.
System malfunction voids all pays and plays.
What are Winning Lines?
The following is a chart of the 20 win line paths available for selection. When a win line is selected it is accompanied by an animation which clarifies its position, as described previously.
NOTE: Win lines pay left to right ONLY (except scatter Icon).
Win Line Indicators
All line wins will be displayed in a coloured box by the respective line indicator.
Customizing Your Line Selection
It is possible to add or remove specific lines not only by pressing the lines button but also by selecting line indicators individually (labelled 1-20 and colour coded) which perform as buttons and can be used to add or remove win lines from the selection. The individual line indicator buttons can click on (illuminated), or click off (not illuminated):
- To remove a selected line, click on the respective line number
- To add a line, click on the respective line number.
If you have customized the win lines selected (by individually adding/removing win lines), and then click the lines button, all lines of a lesser number than the highest line number selected will be switched on plus the next win line up in sequence (as detailed in the beginning of step 2).
For example, if all win lines up to 10 were switched on, and then 4, 5 and 6 were turned off, and then the 'lines' button was pressed, lines 1 - 11 would ALL be turned on.
Setting Your Bet Amount
- To set the bet you can increase or decrease your bet amount. Click either the plus (+) or minus (-) area on the bet button respectively. This transfers funds from your account (demo or real money) into the bet. The default is increased or decreased with each click.
- You have the opportunity of choosing up to 20 win lines per game. You can select how many win lines to play with by either pressing the Lines button or the line indicator buttons (colour coded 1-20, situated on each side of the reels). Win lines will always pay from left to right only. The icon on the far left of the win line will act as a point of reference for finding at least two further matching icons as you move along the line towards the right. Note that when you place a bet, your bet amount is accepted on a PER LINE basis. The more lines you have selected the greater the amount you need to bet. Each Win line has one unit of the bet associated with it. Each line can win separately in any single game. If you ignore selecting either the Lines button or the line indicator buttons, then the default setting for the game will be used, which is all 20 lines.
Each click of the Lines button moves the line selection from 1 through to 20 respectively. Each click of the lines button adds one line to the selection. If you continue to click the lines button after 20, the cycle starts again at 1 line. The win line(s) and reel positions illuminate with each press of the button. Animations highlight each reel position and a "pathway" is shown making line selection clear and easy.
To make things even clearer: each line has its own colour coded button/indicator; starting with 1 (red) through to 20 (violet/purple).
- Click the Spin button to spin the reels to start the game. When the reels stop, any wins will be registered automatically and added to your account (if you collect the win).
- Only the highest single payment is made per winning line. For example, five matching icons pay out the value for five icons and not for four icons or three icons.
- An icon can contribute to one or more win lines. The win line payouts are accumulated.
What You Can Win
Bet on the outcome of five spinning reels. Match 3 or more icons on a win line to win a cash payout. Payouts increase depending on the number of matching icons you have.
Winnings are credited to your account immediately. If you lose, by having insufficient matching icons on a win line, you will lose your bet amount.
Day At The Races has a special "no lose" feature game which, when activated, allows you a chance to win between 2X and 10,000X the bet value of the line that triggered the feature.
Activating the Special Features
For special features to activate, a minimum of three consecutive feature icons must appear on an activated win line. The wild icon WILL count as a feature icon, if a feature icon is already present.
Note that a wild icon will not double the value of the feature win; but it will substitute for a feature icon. If you get more than 3 consecutive icons on an activated win line, the likelihood of winning the larger payouts increases with each additional consecutive icon present.
The bet value of the line that was used to trigger the feature will be saved. Any winnings in the feature will be multiplied by the triggering line-bet amount, giving the total win for the feature.
The feature takes place in the space where the reels normally are.
Feature wins are added to any other win line payouts received.
Race Day Feature
When the feature loads you will see a list of 6 horses; choose a horse that you think will win by clicking on the name to select it.
The race will then begin automatically. You will see Rosettes above the horses showing prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. When the race has finished, you will win the prize associated with your horses finishing position (this will be displayed as a win multiple).
The win multiple associated with your chosen horse's finishing position will be multiplied by the line bet that triggered the feature, giving the total win amount for the feature.
At the end of the special feature game, you will be offered the option to gamble on your total winnings for the cash-play/spin that triggered the feature (this amount comprises of any line wins for the spin that triggered the feature, plus the total win amount for the feature).
At the end of the special feature game all winnings will be immediately credited to your account.
About the Bet Max Button
If you click the Bet Max button, any bet/lines previously set will be overridden.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING: when the bet max button is selected, the bet and lines will be set automatically as follows:
- Bet Max = Maximum bet allowed/maximum number of lines playable AND playing all lines available.
Or put more simply:
- Bet Max = Maximum bet (example: $1000) divided by the maximum number of lines available (20), multiplied by the maximum number of lines available per-game (20).
$1000 divided by 20 lines = $50 per line X 20 lines = $1000 total bet per spin.
The Auto Button
If you press the Auto button, you have a choice of 5, 10 or 25 spins which will automatically start each game without pressing the spin button. Each game will start automatically until you get a win or something that requires player intervention like free spins. In Auto mode the Spin button becomes the Stop button, which is selected to resume manual play again.
The Gamble Feature
With any win, you will be offered the opportunity to gamble it. With the gamble feature you can either double or quadruple a win if you correctly guess the colour or suit of the next card to be revealed respectively.
In the Feature, you now have 3 options:
- Select/click one of the 4 suit buttons (which pay X4). A single card will be drawn. If you are correct, the current win will be multiplied by X4. If you are incorrect, you lose the win.
- Select/click one of the 2 suit colour buttons, Red (Diamonds/Hearts) or Black (Spades/Clubs), which pay X2. If you are correct, the current win will be multiplied by X2. If you are incorrect, you lose the win.
- You may click the collect button at any time to collect the win
You may gamble your win until you either lose or reach the maximum win, which is $10,000. You may collect the win at any time. The talkback area informs the player of the maximum win.
You are not permitted to gamble a win if the successful result would exceed $10,000.
Examples (assuming a $10,000 maximum win): if you have won $3000, you may gamble using X2 buttons once only. The X4 buttons will be inactive because a X4 win would exceed $10,000.
When is the Gamble option offered?
The Gamble option will be offered on the total amount of winnings achieved in a single cash spin/play. This means that if you get Line wins, free-spins and a Special Feature game in a single spin, each will be played out in turn, then the gamble option will be offered on the total amount won in the cash spin/play.
After any win, the Gamble button will blink; either select the option to gamble and money credited into your account will be used to play the Gamble Feature, or continue to resume normal play and click 'spin'.
Note: If you lose on the Gamble Feature, you will win nothing.
Scatters to Free Play
If 3 or more scatter icons appear ANYWHERE in the result of a game, the free play feature is triggered. The number of lines selected for play does not affect the way the scatters are triggered; the scatter icons can appear in any of the 15 visible reel positions.
The Wild Icon does not count as a scatter Icon.
You need at least 3 scatters in a single result to trigger the Free Play feature. How many free plays you get depends on how many scatter icons trigger the feature:
- 3 scatters = 15 free plays - plus X2 the total bet that triggered the free plays*
- 4 scatters = 20 free plays - plus X5 the total bet that triggered the free plays*
- 5 scatters = 25 free plays - plus X10 the total bet that triggered the free plays*
Player A - gets 4 scatter icons in a result while playing 20 lines at $1 per line.
$20 (total bet) X 5 (bonus for 4 scatters) = $100 bonus plus 20 free plays
Player B - gets 5 scatter icons in a result while playing 1 line at $1 per line.
$1 (total bet) X 10 (bonus for 5 scatters) = $10 bonus plus 25 free plays
What happens if I get 3 or more Scatter Icons in a single game?
If you get 3, 4 or 5 scatters in the result of a single game, any other wins will be credited to your account, then the scatter icons will illuminate with a small animation. The talkback pane will inform you that you have won X (number depends on how many scatters in the result) free plays, then the free plays will begin automatically. You do not have to do anything.
- Free plays are free spins that start automatically and consecutively until they are exhausted.
- Before the free plays start the talkback area will display all the free spins remaining on the left of the display. The right side will display the total win amount generated from the free spins.
- If you get 3 or more scatter icons in a single spin during the free plays, you will receive the line bet bonus as described above and the extra free plays will be added to the existing total and played out immediately after the first set of free plays. Extra free plays are possible more than once in a feature.
- The bet and number of lines selected in the game that triggered the free plays will be used for the duration of the free play period.
- Free Spin wins that contain a wild icon pay X2 the standard paytable win; the same rule applies in "normal" play.
- Total free spins available to the player cannot exceed 997 at any given time. If a player wins free spins that would exceed this amount, they will receive enough spins to reach 997 and any excess free spins are forfeited.
- There is no maximum on cumulative amount of free spins that can be won per feature.
- Scatter and Free Spin wins are added to any other win line payouts received.
- Please note that there is no Horseshoe - WILD ICON on Reel 1.
The wild icon will substitute for any icon (except the scatter icon) to make the best win possible. In addition, the wild icon doubles (X2) the paytable value of any win (excluding Feature win), including any appearances during the Free spin.
Should there be two or more wild icons, the payout on the win will remain the same as the multiplier value of one wild.
Note: 2 or more wild icons being part of a win does not further increase the bonus payout.
Example: Any 2 win icons and 2 wild icons consecutive (left to right) on a win line would create a payout for 4 of the "non-wild" icons that created the win, plus a X2 wild win bonus.
There are seven buttons on the cabinet of the slot. They are as follows:
|Bet||Increases the bet in increments|
|Lines||Increases the number of lines to be played per-game. (default=MAX)|
|Bet Max||Instantly selects Maximum lines and bet|
|Spin||Starts the game – spins the reels|
|Auto||Automatically starts each game – the Spin button then becomes the stop button; which is pressed to disengage Auto spin|
|Gamble||A gamble option offered on all wins – double or quadruple a win until you lose or the maximum win is reached|
|Paytable||Allows viewing of potential wins – viewed in multiples of bet.|