Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow.com no longer provides browser support for IE 11. If you choose to use IE 11 we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
In Three Card Poker, players compete against the dealer.
Players make an Ante bet. The player and the dealer each receive three cards. The player has the option to make a Play bet of 1x the Ante or Fold. The player's objective is to make a better three-card poker hand than the dealer.
There are two optional side bets. The Pair Plus side bet is based on the player's initial three-card poker hand and pays on a pair or better. The 6 Card Bonus side bet is based on the best five-card poker hand that is formed when combining the player's hand and the dealer's hand and pays on three of a kind or better.
How to Play
- The game uses one 52-card deck which is shuffled at the conclusion of each hand.
- To begin the game, the player must make an Ante bet.
- Both the player and dealer receive three starting cards. The dealer's cards are dealt face down.
- The player has a choice:
- Fold (surrender their Ante bet) in which case the hand is over; or
- Make a Play bet of 1x their Ante. The dealer's cards are then revealed.
- If the dealer has less than Queen high, the Play bet pushes and the Ante bet is paid 1:1.
- If the dealer has Queen high or better, the dealer's hand is evaluated against the player's hand using the hand rankings listed below.
- If the dealer has a better hand, the Play and Ante bets lose.
- If the player has a better hand, the Play and Ante bets are paid 1:1.
- If the hands tie, the Play and Ante bets push.
- Regardless of the dealer's hand, the player receives an Ante Bonus if the player makes a Play bet and has a Straight Flush, Three of a Kind or Straight. Players are paid according to the Ante Bonus pay table posted within the game.
- The optional Pair Plus bet is based on the player's initial three-card poker hand only. The bet pays even if the player folds their hand. Players are paid according to the Pair Plus pay table posted within the game.
- The optional 6 Card Bonus side bet is based on the best five-card poker hand that is formed when combining the player's hand and the dealer's hand. It pays even if the player folds their hand. Players are paid according to the 6 Card Bonus pay table posted within the game.
In Three Card Poker, three-card hands are ranked from highest to lowest as follows:
Straight Flush (all cards are in sequential rank and of the same suit)
Three of a Kind (contains three cards of the same rank)
Straight (all cards are of sequential rank in at least two different suits)
Flush (all cards are of the same suit)
Pair (contains two cards of the same rank)
High Card (hand does not meet the above requirements, highest valued card is counted)
Note that the value of a card ascends sequentially from 2-10, and then according to the following:
Jack (denoted by a J)
Queen (denoted by a Q)
King (denoted by a K)
Ace (denoted by an A)
When evaluating a hand, only the highest possible rank within the player's cards is considered (while a Straight Flush contains both a Straight and a Flush, it is calculated solely as a Straight Flush). Ace is high except in 3-2-Ace sequence. Note that side bets are paid according to the pay table.
View this Help window.
View and change Game Options.
View the player's Hand History.
Theoretical Return To Player
Three Card Poker: 96.63%
Pair Plus: 95.62%
6 Card Bonus: 89.78%
Malfunctions void all pays and plays.
Three Card Poker is a mark owned by SHFL entertainment, Inc., registered in the US and elsewhere.