What is changing?
Beginning May 11, 2019, players will be able to play Lotto Max every Tuesday in addition to the current Friday draw. The new second draw every week means lottery players will see jackpots grow more quickly than ever before!
And for the first time ever in Lotto Max history, the main jackpot will be able to grow as high as $70 million – an amount no Canadian lottery has ever reached before.
- Two draws a week: Tuesdays and Fridays
- The main Lotto Max jackpot will be able to grow as high as $70 million
- No change to the cost of play: $5 for three selections of seven numbers
- MAXMILLIONS will continue to be offered when the main jackpot reaches and exceeds $50 million
- Two brand-new prize categories
- Match 5/7+bonus
- Match 4/7+bonus
- Numbers will be selected from 1 to 50
- Odds of winning the main jackpot: 1 in 33,294,800 per $5 play
- Overall odds to win a prize: 1 in 7 per $5 play
These changes will be effective May 11, 2019 and the first draw with the new Lotto Max changes will be on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
Important information about your Lottery Subscription
Your Lotto Max Lottery Subscription will continue unless you decide you’d like to change it. We will automatically purchase the Tuesday draw so you won’t miss a jackpot! You will just need to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account for both the Tuesday and Friday draws.
If you would like to add the 50th number to your Lotto Max Lottery Subscription, you can do so by updating your selection on Saturday, May 11th, 2019. (approximately after 9am)
Free Plays that are won on the May 10, 2019 draw will be applied to the first draw of the new Lotto Max on May 14th, 2019.
We are always looking for ways to improve our games and keep customers interested. These game enhancements are the result of an extensive game design process that included consultation with lottery players across the country.
Drawing numbers from 1 to 50 instead of 1 to 49 produces more possible combinations that could be drawn.
Your same seven numbers will be replayed. If you had a 26 draw (6 month) Lottery Subscription, you should note that this will now be updated to a 52 draw Lottery Subscription. If you are replaying a 52 draw (1 year) Lottery Subscription, it will be updated to 104.