Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow.com no longer provides browser support for IE 11. If you choose to use IE 11 we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
How to Win
Two cards will be dealt on the felt. Win the game if the third card dealt falls numerically between the first two cards.
Players have a chance to increase their original wager by wagering on the Raise bet, described below.
The narrower the spread between the first two cards, the higher the potential payout.
If you win, your winnings will be credited to your account immediately.
You will lose your bet if you incorrectly predict the outcome of cards so that they fall outside the 'spread'.
- The player must place the ante bet to start the game.
- The Aces always counts as a high card.
- Bet payout is dependent on first two cards drawn.
- Bet payout on the raised bet is calculated according to the first two cards drawn.
- In the event of a 'push', the player's bet is returned to them.
How to Play
- To begin a game, an ante bet must be placed on the table. The ante bet is compulsory and starts play. Select your bet for the ante bet by clicking on the chips at the bottom of the screen. You may click the Double button to double the amount of your bet.
- Click on the ante button to place your bet.
- Now select the Deal button to play. Use the Clear button if you wish to remove your bet from the table and choose another bet.
- Two cards will be dealt face-up. If these two cards are consecutive in number (suit has no relevance and the ace is always high) the game is declared a push, your bet is returned and the game is over.
- If the two cards dealt face-up are of the same numeric value (suit has no relevance and the ace is always high) then a third card is drawn. If this card is also of same value then the ante bet is paid at odds of 11:1, if the third card is not the same then the bet is declared a push.
- If the two cards are not consecutive or do not have the same value, the dealer will declare the 'spread'. This is the number of card values that exist between the two up-card numbers, (i.e. up-cards of 9 and 3 have a spread of 5, card values between; 8,7,6,5 and 4).
- You may then choose to raise or call the bet to deal the third card. To 'raise' will increase your bet equal to the value of the ante bet. To 'call' will not increase your bet when the third card is dealt.
- Raised bets up to the amount of your ante bet will be deducted from your balance and will automatically appear on the raise area of the betting cloth.
- A third card will then be drawn immediately.
- If the third card lies numerically between the first two then the bets on the table will be paid according to the payout defined on the game's 'spread'. If the third card is equal to, or outside the first two cards the bets will be lost.
- At the end of the game you will be presented with a New Game button (which will clear the table ready for a new game) and Re-bet and Re-bet x2 buttons which will place the previous bet and double the previous bet respectively, and deal the cards. If you click Undo (when available) it will undo your last action.
Winning or Losing the Game
- If the first two cards drawn are consecutive the game is declared a 'push'.
- If the first two cards drawn are of equal value (e.g. two Queens), a third is automatically drawn. If the third card matches the first two cards, the player will be paid 11:1 on their bet. If the third card is not the same, the game will be declared a push.
- If the two cards are neither consecutive nor equal the dealer announces the spread, or the number of card values in between the cards. For example a 5 and 10 would have a spread of 4. The player is then given a chance to increase the wager up to the amount of the original wager. Then a third card is dealt, if it is in between the first two cards the player wins according to the following payout table, if it matches or is outside the first two cards the player loses.
Winning Games and Payouts
The table below details Red Dog games and their payouts.
|Push||When first two cards drawn are consecutive or when first two cards are same followed by a third 'different' card||J - 10 or
K - K and 3rd is 8
|Bet Returned a 'push'|
|Three Cards Same||When first two cards are the same a third is drawn and the same value again pays for three cards same||K - K and 3rd is K||11 to 1|
|1 Card Spread||Where the first two cards drawn have one number between them, and is won when a in between number is drawn as third card||K - J and 3rd is Q||5 to 1|
|2 Card Spread||Where the first two cards drawn have two numbers between them, and is won when a in between number is drawn as third card||K - 10 and 3rd is Q||4 to 1|
|3 Card Spread||Where the first two cards drawn have three numbers between them, and is won when a in between number is drawn as third card||2 - 6 and 3rd is 5||2 to 1|
|4 + Card Spread||Where the first two cards drawn have four or more numbers between them, and is won when a in between number is drawn as third card||3 - A and 3rd is 9||1 to 1 Evens|
|Lose||Where first two cards have a spread of 1+ cards and third card does not fall between these values||9 - K and 3rd is 5||Lose|
Types of Bet
Before you begin a game of Red Dog, it is important to be aware of the different types of bet you can place throughout the game. There are two types of bet in Red Dog:
Ante (or Ante-bet)
An Ante (or Ante-bet) is a compulsory bet that must be placed at the start of a game to commence play, the bet may be of any value.
A raise is an optional bet, equal to the same value as your original bet (ante). This bet can be placed once the first two cards have been dealt and a 'spread' has been announced. The Raise bet is an additional bet paid at the same odds as the Ante bet.
The re-bet button allows you to replicate the same bet amount used previously without the need to select the same chip value again. Similarly, the convenience of the re-bet x 2 button allows you to instantly double any bet amount used previously.
Cards will be automatically dealt for the next game when selecting either the re-bet or re-bet x 2 button. Once this action has been made it cannot be undone.
|Ante or Ante Bet||The initial, compulsory bet made by the player in order to begin a game of Red Dog. This can be of any value.|
|Dealer||Controls the game and deals the cards.|
|Payout||The amount paid for a winning game. The odds and percentages shown on the card table are used to calculate the payout.|
|Player||Your status, in opposition to the house.|
|Raised Bet||A player may 'raise' their bet after receiving their hand of cards. The value of this bet is automatically the same value as the ante bet.|
|Spread||The number of card values between the two 'face-up' cards drawn.|
|Bet||The amount you bet on any game.|
|Winning hand||When cards played to the table result in a win for the player.|
Return to Player
This game has a Return to Player of 97.19%.
System malfunction voids all pays.