Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow.com no longer provides browser support for IE 11. If you choose to use IE 11 we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
Voluntary self-exclusion from gaming facilities
If you would like more information about how to voluntarily exclude yourself from playing at gambling facilities such as casinos and community gaming centres, visit the voluntary self-exclusion page at GameSense.ca.
What is it?
When gambling on PlayNow.com no longer feels like fun, the Voluntary Self-Exclusion program can be an important first step in helping you make better gambling decisions.
Here’s how it works
Enrolling for Voluntary Self-Exclusion through PlayNow will exclude you from accessing your PlayNow account for a period of time. You can choose:
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
While self-excluded from PlayNow, you won’t be able to log in to your account to play games or be eligible to win prizes for the duration of your self-exclusion.
When does self-exclusion start?
What happens once I sign up?
- You won't be able to log into your account or play PlayNow.com games for the length of your self-exclusion period.
- If you have a cash balance and bank account on file, any unredeemed funds will be withdrawn to that account.
- If you have a cash balance of more than $5 and no bank account on file, then we advise that you add one by initiating a withdrawal. If you choose to continue without a bank account, you’ll receive a cheque.
- If you have a cash balance of less than $5 and no bank account on file, the funds will be forfeited if you choose to continue without adding a bank account by initiating a withdrawal.
- Any promotional funds that have been credited to your account can no longer be redeemed.
- You will be removed from BCLC and service provider direct marketing lists.
What if I change my mind after I've enrolled?
You can extend your self-exclusionary period, but you can’t terminate it any earlier than the originally chosen expiry date.
Unsure if Voluntary Self-Exclusion is for you?
If you have questions about BCLC’s Voluntary Self-Exclusion or want more information about what happens while self-excluded, call Customer Support at 1-877-706-6789 or use PlayNow’s Live Chat function to speak with a GameSense Advisor. They can help you sign up, answer any questions you may have about the process, as well as provide referrals to free professional counselling services and other helpful community resources.
You can also learn more about the program and ongoing research.
Those who participate in counselling along with a self-exclusion program have a higher likelihood of success! A few helpful resources include:
The BC Gambling Support Line (1-888-795-6111)
- Call for free, confidential and multilingual services if you or someone you love struggles with gambling. The BC Gambling Support Line can link you up with individual problem gambling counselling, debt/financial counselling or other resources and services. Visit BC Responsible & Problem Gambling Program to learn more.
- You can also visit https://bcgaming.myoutcomesapp.com/Intake/ to enter your contact details. A gambling support provider will contact you within 24 hours. This gambling support service is free and funded by the province of B.C.
B.C. Credit Counselling Society
- Visit www.nomoredebts.org for information on free debt counselling.
Looking to exclude from casinos and community gaming centres?
For information about how to voluntarily exclude from playing at any of BCLC’s gambling facilities, you can find support at GameSense.com.
How to sign up
Below you will find instructions on how to sign-up for the VSE program:
Go to "My Account"
Click on "Self-Exclusion"
Choose the length of your self-exclusion.
Confirm your cash balance and account information.
Review all of the information you provided and click on "confirm" to verify the agreement and complete the process.
How to re-enroll
How to re-enroll in the Voluntary Self-Exclusion program
You can also:
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A BCLC representative will contact you to arrange an appointment.
- Mail your request in writing to BCLC:
2940 Virtual Way
Vancouver, BC V5M 0A6