Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow will no longer provide browser support for IE 11. After which we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
Re-Entry Tournament Info
Re-entry tournaments allow players to register again for the same tournament after they have been eliminated, for as long as late registration is available. Unlike rebuy tournaments, players who re-enter are allocated a new tournament seat. There is a limit to how many times a player can re-enter, as stated in the tournament information.
- Larger tournament prize pools.
- The nature of gameplay is more similar to a 'freezeout' rather than a rebuy, given re-entries are limited and players are allocated new seats. Some players don't like rebuy tournaments given the nature of gameplay involves more risk-taking during the rebuy period.
- It increases the number of tournaments available for players to register for. This is particularly important if there is a limited selection of tournaments in a player's price range, as they will also be able to choose tournaments they have already been eliminated from, if late registration is still available.
- Each player's nickname will have a "1" added to it for their initial entry, eg "Nickname 1" both at the table and in the player rankings list. For their second and following entries it will show with a "2", then "3" and so on.
- Players can only re-enter after being eliminated, so cannot have multiple entries or purchase more chips for their existing stack in this format.
- Bounty/Terminator tournaments can also be re-entry.
- The number of re-entries allowed is configurable per tournament.
- After being eliminated, players can choose to re-enter immediately or wait until a later time, for as long as late registration is still available.