Internet Explorer support ending
As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow.com no longer provides browser support for IE 11. If you choose to use IE 11 we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
If you find yourself gambling too much, or if it no longer feels like a game, Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries' Voluntary Self-Exclusion (VSE) program can be an important first step in helping you to regain control over your gambling. By enrolling in the program, you voluntarily exclude yourself from gambling on PlayNow.com. Read the VSE information brochure here (PDF).
Preview the VSE Enrolment process here
Below are some frequently asked questions about Voluntary Self-Exclusion. If you would like more information about the VSE program or would like assistance with the online enrolment process, you can contact our Security Programs office at 204-957-2500 ext. 8468.
HOW LONG WILL I BE SELF-EXCLUDED?
The length of the exclusion is up to you. You can choose from a minimum of:
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE I SIGN UP?
If you choose to be excluded from PlayNow, Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries will cancel your Player Account and pay out any unredeemed PlayerCash once you have completed the online form. Any promotional funds that have been credited to your account can no longer be redeemed.
DOES SELF-EXCLUSION EXTEND BEYOND PLAYNOW?
Completing the self-exclusion process on PlayNow.com limits your self-exclusion to the website only. To self-exclude from Club Regent Casino, McPhillips Station Casino and the SharkClub Gaming Centre, please contact our Security Programs office at 204-957-2500 ext. 8468.
WHEN WILL SELF-EXCLUSION START?
Self-exclusion starts the moment you sign up and lasts for the period of time chosen by you. Voluntary self-exclusion cannot be terminated prior to the original expiry date. You remain enrolled in the program until your self-selected time period has ended and you complete the re-entry requirements.
Below you will find instructions on how to sign-up for the VSE program:
Go to "My Account"
Click on "Self-Exclusion"
Choose the length of your self-exclusion.
Confirm your cash balance and account information.
Review all of the information you provided and click on "confirm" to verify the agreement and complete the process.
Ending Voluntary Self-Exclusion
You may choose to end your voluntary self-exclusion once your self-selected time period is over. You must first complete the free-of-charge course, Pause and Plan: After Your Voluntary Self-Exclusion Ends . The course will help you develop a plan for returning to gambling, if that is what you choose.
The course is available online by clicking this link: https://www.mbll.ca/pauseandplan. It is also offered in person by the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM). To register call the AFM at 204-944-6260.
Once you have completed the Pause and Plan course, you must write to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries requesting to end your voluntary self-exclusion. You may submit your signed letter in one of two ways:
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
1390 Pacific Avenue
Winnipeg Manitoba R3E 3R9
Be sure to include your current return mailing address . We cannot process your request without it. Once you have received acknowledgement from Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries that your letter was received and accepted, you may re-enter the gaming premises and/or register for an account on PlayNow.com.
A signed letter is required . Scan your signed letter and send with your email as an attachment. Once you have received a reply email acknowledging that your letter was received and accepted, you may re-enter the gaming premises and/or register for an account on PlayNow.com.
HOW DO I TAKE PAUSE AND PLAN: AFTER YOUR VOLUNTARY SELF-EXCLUSION ONLINE?
Please allow approximately one week for processing.
Complete the course by clicking this link: https://www.mbll.ca/pauseandplan
HOW TO USE PAUSE AND PLAN:
- Pause and Plan provides information about how gambling works and is an opportunity to think about personal experiences with gambling.
- You will be required to create a unique username and password. Record this information somewhere safe, as it cannot be recovered if you forget it.
- It will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to complete the online course.
- You do not need to complete the course at one time. You may save your progress and return to the site within 30 days. After 30 days of inactivity your username will expire. You will then need to create a new username and start the course from the beginning.
- To register completion of the course you will be required to submit your name and birthdate online to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries.
- Completing Pause and Plan does not conclude your Voluntary Self-Exclusion. You will remain enrolled in the Voluntary Self-Exclusion program until you write a letter of request and receive acknowledgement from Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Please allow approximately one week for processing.
- High-speed internet is required to access the online course. The course is optimized for Flash Player, but it is not a requirement. If you do not have Flash, you will be unable to access the cost-of-play calculator, but will still be able to complete the course.
- The course is not designed for tablets or smartphones.
Pause and Plan
, each information box and activity must be reviewed and completed in order to proceed to the next page. If you receive the following error please ensure you have clicked on every component of information on the page.
- If you have a technical question about the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The email is monitored during corporate working hours.
For more information on your existing voluntary self-exclusion contact our Security Programs office at 204-957-2500 ext. 8468.